Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Thoughts

My thoughts have been wavering, staying still like a rock, flowing like water and taking up a lot of bizarre and abstract shapes and I thought I should clear my head.. and here it goes :

There's been a heavy progress in Yazh's love life(don't know whether it's for better or for worse). A lot of family have been involved in the whole thing. Seems like everybody knows about it and been wanting to know how she feels. Thanks to her Vinu that he's a close family of her's. She narrates to us what happens everyday and it feels like a drama with a lot of comedy and romance. And this drama also has a London dude as a villian. A perfect masala drama. Wish it doesn't have a tragedy ! 

I've started reading "Midnight's Children" by Salman Rushdie and have been carrying it around with me everywhere. I've fallen in love with owning books, with the most obvious reason that I can own it forever and the other reason being that I read it with all my heart. Pa tried his best telling that all the books were available in the library and he can borrow it for me anytime. All in vain ! I set my heart on it, then my money within a few minutes. And how Pa finds out ? He ransacks my room ??  naaaa.. I show it to him with my face beaming with pride as though I just got elected as the President. The only thing that I hate myself is the amount of time I spend in finishing a book. Man !! I'm just embarrassed. I'm sure you'll find a blog three months from now mentioning the date I finish "Midnight's Children".

Ma is pretty upset with my stubborn ass brother and his theory on "how he is still not ready" for a marriage. Everybody wants to him to get married. Somehow, I'm stuck in the middle of thoughts. I have my views on both. On Ma's defense, I have to agree that finding a girl is not an easy job, particularly as for an arranged marriage and it takes a really long time since the process involves  a lot of criteria and a hell a lot of people. On Shriram's defense, how the hell will he want to get married when he doesn't want to ?? Seems like my bro's argument weighs more. But, considering Ma, already being an insomniac, I think her blood pressure is getting directly proportional to the number of people inquiring about my brother at social gatherings rise indefinitely.

Sne's been away to the college hostel for almost twenty says for dance practice and I realise how much I miss her. She's been a dayski(college slang for day scholars) only since a year now but it's made a difference. Her simple everyday morning's "hi di" at the bus stop and "please di" is what I miss the most. She is the reason I've been visiting the temple regularly and there's this hole now. I'm down, I call her, go to the temple, eat out, go for walk, and that's it. I come back home with high spirits. Miss you Sne !!!

Shriram has started writing his own blog. I read it and this is what I think of it : BORING. It has too much philosophy. But, it's different. I just read in it that my brother uses Darwin's theory to explain his expanding waistline :P you can reach his blog at www.trickleofthoughts.blogspot.com. It's one of a kind.

I've been very guilty about the fact that I didn't wish my friend on her birthday  Why ??? Didn't have balance to make a call ? Forgot her birthday ? Excuse that it was too late to call ? Nope, none of  these at all. The reason being : Didn't feel like it. My friends do not agree with me that I need a mood to talk over the phone else I'm cranky or worse with only 'ahmms','ahuhs', 'ohs' and 'okays' or a combination of all these used inappropriately. I just don't pick up the call when I don't feel like it. I just let it ring and ring and ring. Weird or stupid ? Does this show what kind of character I'm ?

I watched like 5 movies in 1.5 days and the list is : American History X, The Notebook, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, The Godfather and 11:14. And the ones that comes under my favorites are Benjamin Button and The Godfather. Brad's just brilliant in the movie and the costumes and makeup have been put at the right age streams. 

My daily routine has changed since a few months now. My body alarm goes on anytime between 5:30 and 5:45 a.m EVERYDAY and I feel sad for myself. I love sleeping late into the morning and I miss it so much. And what I do waking up so early ? Switch on my pc, go through my mails, Orkut, Facebook, a few downloads, a few uploads, , , . With me eagerly waiting for my admits from the universities I've applied to, it's such a start in the morning hoping to see a new mail from any university saying "CONGRATULATIONS !!!" and gmail is just so nice, I wait for the progress bar to turn completely blue. It's like in a movie where the hero transfers some content from a computer system that contains national security data just within the few minutes the person in-charge goes to pee. The screen divided into four, one showing the back of the in-charge peeing, one focussing on the data transfer, one showing the look on the hero's face and the fourth showing  the person giving instructions to the hero. More or less like MI. The difference is that I'm no hero and this isn't the movies. 

It's amazing how soon my undergrad life is drawing to an end. Though the senior year just seems to be the same, it's the events that remind that it's soon to be over. People passing on slam books and diaries to pen down memories, some dumass sending a stupid sms briefing on the college years and how the happy days are closing in, people talking with people they've never spoken before with the reason that they are going to be together for a just a few more years, a few people talking about reunions and alumni meets and ofcourse Sne's cribbing. Sne wails over the fact that we are going to leave college and she has to stick around for another year. And I just get agitated over all this because it keeps reminding me that things aren't going to be the same again. Never !

On a lighter note, I'm happy that I've learnt to come to terms with all this. Happy that Ma tells me to talk to my brother, it's the responsibility that reminds me and how she thinks that I'll be able to put forth the opinions to my brother better than herself. 

And to J Shah, if you are reading this, I already warned you and HI.


No comments:

Post a Comment